As you know, we are in full-on BABY mode over here (and loving every minute of it)!
It seems like the baby game has changed quite a bit since our last one - there are so many new ethical, small shop, sustainable and giveback brands and products that we've fallen in love with! While we still turn to 2nd hand/hand-me-down items as our first resort for finding items for our kids - (it is most economical and sustainable!), it has been fun and encouraging to see the myriad of new options! We've loved trying out and supporting some of these brands and are excited to share our recommendations with you!
Here are our favorite ethical, small shop, sustainable giveback baby brands - and the products we have been using and loving in our everyday life!
- Design Dua - This brand features gorgeous artisan-made baskets from Ghana, as well as organic newborn essentials and even some fun things for those of us who love our fur babies! Our favorite product from their collection is the Moss Baskets/Bassinets - you can always find our little guy hanging out in it!
- Cozy's - This company assists families with IVF costs, and you can truly feel the warmth, comfort, and love that is sewn into each of their products! At the moment, our fave is The Knotted Gown - Pax is wearing his above and there are so many more adorable options to choose from!
- Little Lotus - The mission behind this brand is astounding! For every item purchased they donate proceeds towards much-needed incubators in developing countries - and who doesn't love babies that sleep well? Our favorite product from them right now are The swaddles!
- Petite Palm - We just adore that Petite Palm works to provide dignified job opportunities to women in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Our favorite item: The Macrame Paci Clip - because, hello- MACRAME! One of this season's hottest trends, and a simple and stylish way to keep your baby's paci close & clean!
- Pebble Toys - This brand's artisan-made baby toys are seriously the cutest! We've been especially loving the Wooden Teethers - made entirely out of natural, safe products!
- Fact + Fiction Toys - Speaking of safe, handmade toys; you've got to check out Fact + Fiction! Made from maple, olive wood, and beeswax, these all natural wooden toys and teethers won't splinter, and we think the wooden camera is just too cute!
- Wee Gallery - A small ethical + sustainable shop! We truly can't get enough of the Cuddle Bunnies - why not buy them all?! Not only are they made from super soft organic cotton, but they also have a textured body and embroidered face in order to promote tactile experiences as your baby cuddles & grows!
- Finn and Emma - Again, you can never go wrong with sustainable + organic + fairtrade baby clothing! We love what this company stands for, and even though we had a boy, The Mermaids Collection is just so stinking cute for all of you who have a little baby girl out there!
- Harper N Olive - We didn't even know before that Cute Pacifiers existed until finding them! Not only that but they mimic instinctive sucking behavior. Once you try this sustainably-made paci, you probably won't go back!
- Milkmaid Goods - Made in America, Milkmaid Goods features practical, functional clothes for mama (and baby!) Our pick: any of the Robes! (I wish I would have had one of these while at the hospital - look how pretty and soft they are!)
- Caroline and Co. -All of these adorable items are handmade locally in Sheridan, WY and are available at our partner shop The Union! These cute little outfits are incredibly soft and flexible for baby, and pretty much irresistible for us mamas! You'll have no trouble filling your little one's closet with these comfy pieces!
- Bought Beautifully - At Bought Beautifully, we seek to be a marketplace that transforms lives. With our partners all around the world, we celebrate our calling to live out love by supporting companies who produce ethical, fair-trade products- and we've got some fun stuff for the little ones too! A few of our favorites are the Llama Pillow, Lamb and Llama Stuffed Animals, this crazy cute Fox Hat!
There you have it- our top recommendations for ethically sourced baby items! This is such a beautiful stage in life, and it's even better when we are able to shop with a positive impact and support small stores with unique artisan products. We hope that you and your little ones enjoy these brands as much as we have been!