May 29, 2019 1 Comment
Summer is almost here! One of our goals is to take advantage of these precious summer moments, all the fun activities and the opportunities to love others that abound in this season - we have found that the best way for our family to actually do that is sit down as a family and fill out our summer bucket list!
It is a fun way to get the kids involved in, thinking about, and motivated to serve. I have loved seeing what they come up - sweet things like, "let's say nice things to people when we see them" Simple and totally doable - but also really good for them to practice being intentional in this way!
1. Make s'mores
2. Ride bikes
3. Have a picnic (or 10) outside
4. Plant a garden ---> water the garden ---- > harvest the garden
5. Hang upside down on the monkey bars for as long as you can
6. Build a fort outside
7. Nature scavenger hunt - there are so many easy ones on pinterest
8. Jump off a dock into a Lake
9. Read books in a hammock
10. Lay on a blanket and star gaze
11. Learn a new constellation
11. Have an ice cream sundae party
12. Build a bonfire
13. Float in an inner tube
14. Make root beer floats
15. Build a fairy garden
16. Go rollerblading or skating
17. Go fishing
18. Build a sand castle
19. Go to an outdoor concert
20. Make homemade ice cream
21. Go berry picking
22. Make jam
23. Go to a baseball game
24. Watch the clouds go by
25. Sleep in a tent
26. Go to a waterpark
27. Dance in the rain
28. Go on a family hike
29. Make homemade lemonade - We love this recipe made with honey
30. Blow + make + play with bubbles - Pinterest has so many things you can do with bubbles
1. Mow the neighbors lawn
2. Share homegrown or farmers market produce
3. Invite a friend who might be lonely to ice cream
4. Leave happy chalk art messages on people's driveways - check out this page for inspiration
5. Play catch with someone older or younger than you
6. Pick flowers and leave them on someone's door step
7. Put coins in someones parking meter
8. Host a free neighborhood car wash
9. Bring ice cold drinks or popsicles to workers working in the heat of the day
10. Organize a neighborhood or park trash pick up
11. Sign up for the Frontline Kindness Challenge with our Partner Preemptive Love
JOIN US - We are super excited about this challenge: Each week, they will send one small practical step to diffuse conflict, reduce the distance, and show kindness to someone we might not normally engage with! Sign up here.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin the image below to save it - or help us reach more people and share it so others read to!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We partner with artisans & organizations who are living out love through their work - we bring a curated selection of their most meaningful products to you.
Good things come to those who sign up...