Summer is almost here! One of our goals is to take advantage of these precious summer moments, all the fun activities and the opportunities to love others that abound in this season - we have found that the best way for our family to actually do that is sit down as a family and fill out our summer bucket list!
Join us - Print your free bucket list here
But it isn't just about us and what
we want to do...
When we look at our life and the things we want prioritize, serving others is top on that list, but it doesn't always make it on our daily to-do-list. To help us be more intentional and to make serving a fun family activity we started adding "to do for others" to our seasonal bucket list.
It is a fun way to get the kids involved in, thinking about, and motivated to serve. I have loved seeing what they come up - sweet things like, "let's say nice things to people when we see them" Simple and totally doable - but also really good for them to practice being intentional in this way!
Not sure what to do?
Here is a list of 40 of our ideas to get you started! Check out our pinterest board for recipes, ideas and more! You can also see what our family filled in above.
Summer to do:
1. Make s'mores
2. Ride bikes
3. Have a picnic (or 10) outside
4. Plant a garden ---> water the garden ---- > harvest the garden
5. Hang upside down on the monkey bars for as long as you can
6. Build a fort outside
7. Nature scavenger hunt - there are so many easy ones on pinterest
8. Jump off a dock into a Lake
9. Read books in a hammock
10. Lay on a blanket and star gaze
11. Learn a new constellation
11. Have an ice cream sundae party
12. Build a bonfire
13. Float in an inner tube
14. Make root beer floats
15. Build a fairy garden
16. Go rollerblading or skating
17. Go fishing
18. Build a sand castle
19. Go to an outdoor concert
20. Make homemade ice cream
21. Go berry picking
22. Make jam
23. Go to a baseball game
24. Watch the clouds go by
25. Sleep in a tent
26. Go to a waterpark
27. Dance in the rain
28. Go on a family hike
29. Make homemade lemonade - We love this recipe made with honey
30. Blow + make + play with bubbles - Pinterest has so many things you can do with bubbles
To do for others:
1. Mow the neighbors lawn
2. Share homegrown or farmers market produce
3. Invite a friend who might be lonely to ice cream
4. Leave happy chalk art messages on people's driveways - check out this page for inspiration
5. Play catch with someone older or younger than you
6. Pick flowers and leave them on someone's door step
7. Put coins in someones parking meter
8. Host a free neighborhood car wash
9. Bring ice cold drinks or popsicles to workers working in the heat of the day
10. Organize a neighborhood or park trash pick up
11. Sign up for the Frontline Kindness Challenge with our Partner Preemptive Love
JOIN US - We are super excited about this challenge: Each week, they will send one small practical step to diffuse conflict, reduce the distance, and show kindness to someone we might not normally engage with! Sign up here.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin the image below to save it - or help us reach more people and share it so others read to!