How to Party with a purpose
Turns out most people like to party! So, we are following up on our Sole Hope post with our guide, How to Party with a Purpose, and some resources to help you to find the cause/organization you want to support while you party. Gather your friends and family, make some goodies, and make a difference (and pin the graphic below to help spread the word) :
Our party ideas and organizations to support
Create something beautiful to share:
What is better than using our creativity to help someone else? Here are a few ways you can get crafty with your friends:
Little Dresses for Africa
Get crafty with Little Dresses for Africa,
and turn pillow cases into masterpieces. The dresses are distributed to girls in orphanages and schools in Africa to show them that they are loved and are worthy! We did this with our youth group and church a few years ago, it was a great cross generational bonding experience.
Have a blast making these precious Dolls with Dolly Donations
- Your doll could become a child's favorite toy and source of comfort in Haiti
Host a Trunk Show:
Hosting or attending a trunk show with the following companies is like shopping from the comfort of your home while eating, drinking and conversing with friends and
you get to help each organization achieve their mission. It's easy
: just click on the highlighted links below to contact the company, set a date for your party, typically they will send you a box full of products (each companies' policies vary and they may or may not send a representative along with the products). Sounds great, right?
rescues and restores victims of Human Trafficking and provides them a positive and stable income by sewing these cute Tees! Host a Trunk show here
Haiti Design Co-op
, share some Haitian style by bringing a variety of items from talented Hatian artists
into your home.
- Sells a variety of accessories, pays their artisans living wages and advocates for adoption. Do you know someone who is adopting, you can appoint 10% of your trunk show sales to their adoption. As they say, Host a Trunk Show, Change the World.
makes beautiful jewelry, pays their artisans fair wages and offers them awesome educational opportunities. To sign up for a House Party click here.
(Cambodia) Restores and rehabilitates victims of Human Trafficking and makes beautiful products. Host a home party here.
= Livelihood Network, provides S
mpowerment through E
evelopment to communities that don't have many other economic opportunities. They have products from all over the world. To host an event or Trunk show click here.
Me to We
- Sells eco-friendly and socially conscious products, they carry a bit of everything from cards to clothing Find out how to host a trunk show here
Host a Movie night:
Summer is the perfect time for a backyard movie screening! Choose one of the movies with a message listed below and help spread awareness about important issues.
- The Pink Room follows Mien a girl trapped in sex slavery in Cambodia. It portrays the complex issue of human trafficking yet is a story of redemption and gives hope in the midst of darkness.
- The story of four women and the trails and complications they face during their pregnancies and deliveries.
- A documentary that follows four children from three different countries and the challenges involved in completing their adoptions.
Your ideas here :)
The possibilities are endless!! Have you thrown a gathering or party with a purpose? What did you do?
Share with us in the comment section! Also, check out our Pinterest board for more party inspiration - Follow Bought Beautifully's board PARTY time! on Pinterest.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.